The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays.
We celebrate by going to a parade and carnival followed by a barbeque with family and friends. This all leads up to my absolute favorite part of the day — fireworks!
In preparation of the upcoming holiday my kids and I decided to paint some fireworks of our own.
What you’ll need:
1. Take 3 pipe cleaners and fold in half.
2. Using blue painters tape, secure the end of the pipe cleaner by taping the end.
3. Split and spread out the pipe cleaners so that they lay flat (this will be your stamp).
4. Using scissors cut the ends of the pipe cleaner to your desired length.
5. Pour paint onto separate paper plates.
6. Stamp fireworks onto a sheet of paper. We used a recycled grocery bag for our paper.
We wish you a happy and safe Independence Day!
Courtney Lee, a working mom of two children, wrote this blog for momaha. She’s a CPA for a small accounting firm. Find more craft ideas on her personal blog, thefightagainstboredom.com.