My 4-year-old daughter is a comedian. She doesn’t know it, of course, but she is. She asks hilarious questions about people and the world, and observes things about life in a way that I never even considered.
With that in mind, I decided to keep track of some of the hilarious comments she made in just one week. It was hard to pick just five from the week; especially when she asked the Target cashier if she had a bellybutton like hers and could she see it. Needless to say, I’m going to be shopping at Walmart now for awhile.
Here’s what she recently said and my response:
1. “Sometimes I like to toot and then walk away because it smells bad.”
Yes, dear, I’m familiar with that one. We call it crop dusting in our family – it’s something your father takes great pride in.
2. “Daddy has lots of girlfriends. You’re the big one. Belle and Aurora are his girlfriends when you aren’t home.”
Oh really? It seems those Disney princesses aren’t as innocent as we all thought.
3. “How come boys don’t ever want to sit down and just watch TV?”
Oh, sweetie, just wait. They will. They most certainly will.
4. “How come sometimes I find cheese doodles in the storage bench under the table? We don’t keep food there, so why are they there?”
Uhm… those are definitely not Mommy’s secret stash of food that she eats when you are napping. Definitely not.
5. “Will I have big boobs like you when I grow up? Will they fall over to the sides like yours?”
I like to think of them just as objects at rest. They are just waiting for that right moment to perk up and show the world how fantastic they are. Just waiting.
Danielle Herzog is a freelance writer and stay-at-home mom to two children.
Read her every Wednesday on momaha.
* * *