* * *
The Omaha Public Schools will make a decision by 8 p.m. tonight on whether to cancel school for Thursday, said David Patton, district spokesman.
The winter storm blowing into the metro area isn’t expected to hit until Thursday morning, but forecasters say the worst of it is likely to hit between noon and about 4 p.m.
Any decision about Friday classes will be made by 5 a.m. Friday.
Know a closing we should add to our list? Email us at email@example.com.
• Omaha Public Schools will make a decision on Thursday classes by 8 p.m. Wednesday. A decision on Friday classes will be made by 5 a.m. Friday.
• Alma Public Schools closing at 2 p.m. Wednesday; closed Thursday
• Arapahoe Public Schools closing at 2 p.m Wednesday; closed Thursday
• Cambridge Public Schools closing at 2 p.m. Wednesday
• ESU 11 New View School in Oxford, Neb., closing at 2 p.m. Wednesday
• Loomis Public Schools closing at 2 p.m. Wednesday
• Maywood Public Schools closing at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday; closed Thursday
• Southern Valley Schools closing at 2 p.m. Wednesday
Omaha snow emergency parking rules
» The rules apply when the mayor has declared a snow emergency.
» They affect people parking east of 72nd Street.
» If it’s an even-numbered day, park on the side of the street with even-numbered addresses. That’s the north or west side.
» If it’s an odd-numbered day, park on the side of the street with odd-numbered addresses. That’s the south or east side.
» “No parking” signs with arrows must still be obeyed. But if the sign says “No Parking This Side This Block,” you can park there if you’re following the even/odd rules.
» Handicapped parking spaces may not be used by any vehicle when parking is prohibited.
• The City of Omaha has declared a snow emergency beginning at 12 a.m. Friday.
• The City of La Vista has declared a snow emergency beginning at 7 a.m. Thursday. All parked vehicles must be removed from city roads.
• The Nebraska Legislature has canceled Thursday afternoon public hearings. They will be rescheduled.
• North High Magnet School has canceled its National Engineering Week ceremony scheduled for Thursday at 9:30 a.m. in the school auditorium. School administrators do not anticipate rescheduling the event.
• The College Planning Night for juniors on Wednesday at Omaha Central has been postponed to Wednesday, March 6, at 6:30 p.m. in the school auditorium.
• A public meeting Thursday to discuss the CSO project along Missouri Avenue and Spring Lake Park has been postponed to March 14 at the Kroc Center.
• The free child car seat inspections at Great Plains Auto Body scheduled for Saturday morning have been postponed.
• The public hearing of the Judicial Nominating Commission for County Court in the 5th Judicial District scheduled for Thursday will be held on on Tuesday, March 5, at 1:30 p.m. in the County Court Courtroom of the Saunders County Law Enforcement and Judicial Center, 387 N. Chestnut St., in Wahoo, Neb.
• The Bellevue Chamber of Commerce’s Max Muscle ribbon cutting will be held Thursday, Feb. 28 at 4 p.m.
• The Board of Examiners for County Highway and City Street Superintendents meeting Friday in Lincoln has been postponed to March 1 at 10 a.m.
• St. Paul United Methodist Church in Papillion has canceled the Thursday night awareness event for its “Seeding the Future” campaign.
• Friday’s Iowa Western Community College Health Fair in Council Bluffs has been postponed.
• The Nebraska Department of Roads meeting on Columbus-area road resurfacing work scheduled for Thursday has been rescheduled to Feb. 26 from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Columbus City Council Chambers.
• Central Nebraska closings from the Kearney Hub
* * *