We’re a week into the new year.
Weight loss resolutions are set. Omaha area gyms are packed.
And now it’s time for you to learn the top fitness trends of the year.
1. Educated, certified and experienced fitness professionals
2. Strength training
3. Body weight training
4. Children and obesity: A growing number of commercial and community-based programs are teaming up with schools to fight the obesity epidemic.
5. Exercise and weight loss: More fitness programs are offering everything from meal planning to onsite nutritionists to regular lessons on nutrition.
6. Fitness programs for older adults
7. Personal training
8. Functional fitness uses strength training to improve balance, coordination and endurance in order to participate in daily activities without any stress.
9. Core training
10. Group personal training
Source: American College of Sports Medicine annual survey completed by 3,346 health and fitness professionals worldwide