A list of the Top 20 items that the College Tourist thinks every college girl should have in their closet.
OK, moms! Let’s keep it real… How many do you have?
* * *
1. LBD (Little Black Dress): This is your go-to dress. When everything else fails, grab the black dress and change the accessories, tights one day, boots the other and throw on those stilettos.
2. SKINNY PANT: A wardrobe staple, worn with a high boot, your ballet flats, whether your style is a skinny jean or an edgy leather leg in. This is flattering for all body types.
3. SCARF: Keep warm while looking like a fashion Diva or go preppy or boho or a cosmopolitan look.
4. MOTORCYCLE JACKET: Throw it over if over your LBD for a night on the town or pair with your skinny jean and that classic white T-shirt .
5. FEDORA (Hat): This is our cherry on the cake item. The Fedora is about style and looking polished. Summer or Winter. If you feel like flying under the radar that day, it’s a perfect accessory piece.
6. FLAT MOTORCYCLE BOOT: Team it up with shorts, bare legs or with tights. Your skinny jeans, or ge the hipster look and wear them with a dress from Urban Outfitters.
7. SUNGLASSES: Get your classic look with a pair of Aviators or Clubmasters from Rayban.
8. CLUTCH: Daytime look is in or an embellished clutch will do for a night out.
9. BELT: No matter what your fashion taste, you can always enchance your look by putting a belt on it.
10. MANI-PEDI Whether it’s a dorm room spa night or one you got from a local nail bar, we all need a little bit of pampering.
11. TOTE: Face it. College girls are busy. They’re either running to class or to the gym. Make your life easier with a tote.
12. GOLD HOOPS: Never leave your dorm room without a pair.
13. BALLET FLAT: A wardrobe staple. The look is chic whether you choose the red soles or the fabulous faux.
14. BASIC BLACK WORK OUT GEAR: Tight spandex to yoga pants, pair this up with your favorite college team sweater.
15. TRENCH: Dress in layers depending on the weather, pair it with a basic white T-shirt or a Cashmere sweater.
16. CASHMERE SWEATER: It doesn’t have to be the real thing, as long as it has the look and feel.
17. WHITE T-SHIRT: It can be casual and simple or dawned with sequins collar, make it fit your personality. Loose and slouchy with a skinny jean or fitted look with your pencil skirt. Luxe for Less TIP: YSL and H&M have great shirts.
18. SHORTS: If you want to continue your summer wardrobe into the winter, team it up with a heavy tight and your motorcycle boots.
19. HEELS: Invest in high heels, platform or a great pair of stilettos. But it has to be something you can walk in.
20. SMILE: The most essential item is free. The smile will rock any outfit you choose.
* * *