As you lay in bed looking up at the ceiling, debating whether or not you should give it a go, ask yourself:
“What’s the likelihood of the following scenarios occurring today?”
Then tally up the points behind each item accordingly.
1. You have a matching outfit that you don’t need to dig out of the hamper… SCORE! (+1 point)
2. Your husband left your shared toothpaste tube looking like this. (-2 points)
3. Your children rise, shine, and get dressed without complaining. (+2 points)
4. Your dog sees you leaving the house and suddenly does this behind your car… (-3 points)
5. You start your car, and these boys welcome you to the road with their smooth, silky melodies. (+4 points)
6. Just as you are on the verge of blaring out the chorus, you pull up behind someone like this… ugh …song kill. (-3 points)
7. Before you know it, you’re dropping off the kiddos at school and are anxious to get started on your own personal chores. You think about all of the lessons they are learning, friendships they are making, and impact they are having. (+4 points)
8. In no less than four hours, you receive a call from the school nurse. She tells you that your brilliant son decided to “play Karate Kid” at recess, resulting in injury. (-3 points)
9. You start to prepare for not only dinner, but also the onslaught of your family returning home. (+3 points)
10. This is the reaction you receive to your home-cooked meal. (-2 points)
Here’s a cheat sheet for those of you who don’t have time to take the test: YOU WILL NEVER HAVE A POSITIVE FINAL SCORE.
But, as a mom, I can guarantee with 100 percent confidence, you will have a positive (and memorable) life.
* * *
Share your thoughts about Heidi’s quiz below in the comment section.
* * *